Wood Dowelling Jig 3D Printed Review - Cữ Khoan Thẳng Tự Chế. Connecting thin pieces of wood together is easy with dowels, which make strong joints. But lining them up can be a tricky process, especially for Chế Bình Dân, an Amateur DIY guy like me. Make this dowel jig for drilling accurate holes.
Dowel joinery is a great alternative to drilling pocket holes. They are ideal for making cabinet face frames and other small woodworking projects.
Dowel holes can be marked by manually measuring and lining up the pieces to be attached, or using a dowel jig to help. Store bought dowel jigs can do the job in a variety of ways and are a more accurate time saver over manual measuring.
You can use couple pieces of scrap wood and bushings to make your own dowel jig that is cheap and accurate. A drill press with a forstner bit will help make the holes straight and clean and the bushings are available at any hardware store.
But you know what, if you don't have a real EXCATLY jig, you could went mad with dowel jointing. Trust me, I have had experiented this many times before I got this Dowel jig printed 3D by my friend.
I am now at the begining time of DIY and of course, woodworking enthusium too. Everything for me are so new and difficultly, especially with wood cutting and jointing. Everything costs me a lot of time but bad result. Finally I know that "Quality results require quality tools" , when I got this 3D Printing Dowel jig
The jig self-centers on boards to make Edge-to-Edge, Edge-to-Surface (T-Butt) and Edge-to-Corner dowel joints. The jig has many diameter, each size by one jig kept things easy and clean. This video I tested with the 5/16" diameter dowel pins. Great tool:
- Very handy, mini, easy to use and very beautiful
- Jig self-centers on boards up to 1-1/4" thick
- Made from high-impact plastic
- Steel hole guides minimize bit deflection and tear-out
- Very cheap compared to others dowel jig.
You just need to follow the whole process below:
- Drilling the Edge hole: put the dowel jig in place, line in with the line by the triangle you can easily adjust the holes straight in line
- Use the boring holes in the Jig to insert your dowel pins. This will help to make sure they are inserted straight.
- The Jig features 2 slots at the front for inserting the dowel pins. This is just enough for dowel joinery.
- The inserted dowel pin in the Jig helps ensure you're drilling in the right spot.
Plastic. Self centers on boards
With this jig, you could do corner joint, T-butt and edge edge joints. 4 color box. Sound great? All of the common missions.
Made of high impact plastic, this jig is capable of edge-to-edge, T, and edge-to-corner joints. Hole guides with hardened steel bushings, and the jig can be adjusted to the required front and back depth.
Finally, this video is the first time I deal with a edge and edge-to-corner joints and you see that, not bad huh?
Have Fun with Chế Bình Dân!
Subcribe "Chế Bình Dân" : https://goo.gl/3RsWvr
Website : http://www.chebinhdan.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/chebinhdan
Tags: Wood Dowelling Jig 3D Printed Review - Cữ Khoan Thẳng Tự Chế, Dowel Jig, Dowel joint, straight drill, wood joint, woodworking, Cữ khoan chốt gỗ, cữ gỗ, làm mộc, khoan thẳng, ghép gỗ, ghép mộng